Friday, October 02, 2015

Little Extra Time Tonight?

Don't share that with SWMBO, I was supposed to go with her to Sanford to grandchildren-sit this weekend; but then again I was supposed to get my bike fixed in Raleigh today also......Her day started out with Kevin, I mean Cooper trying to flush a sock down the upstairs toilet. Operative word, upstairs. But Jay and Holly are off on a wedding weekend so we'll just worry about that on another day, fiddleeeee-dee. But I just finished work and don't have to rush for dinner tonight. 
I can tell you what might happen if SWMBO ever got mad at me, OK, when she gets mad at me
But sadly Joaquin had other plans, I had to look up the spelling. I would really hate to think that something named Joaquin would tear up our house. The rain has been horrible, and the big stuff hasn't started yet. Everything is soaked, all the ponds, ditches and creeks are full, and we're supposed to get six more inches this weekend from..........................Joaquin. I haven't seen the sun in over a week, but I've got a feeling the folks inland are going to have a rougher time with the rain than we are. It scares me to see one model for........................Joaquin that has him stalling and looping back here for a direct hit. The same loop as Floyd. 
Just how wet has it been you ask? Actual pictures from Shelby Freeman's parking lot:
That is a flounder in a parking lot, no, I didn't take the picture it was in the paper, if I'd taken the picture I'd be eating fresh flounder instead of a chicken pot pie tonight, well that is if Captain Jim's had any.
Our neighborhood boat landing three hours after high tide
People (and this is a church lady, we won't tell her name) are preparing for the storm anyway

I asked her if the boots were for wading or mixing, her reply:"Be prepared"
And the Seafood Festival is in process. I recall one rough Saturday afternoon many years ago, but other than that their weather has been good. Guess they were due, and again I feel sorry for the vendors and charities who depend on that income.
I've worked for manufacturers most of my career and I/we have made some mistakes, but I've never tried to deliberately mislead a consumer, and yes, the day is young. But, Volkswagen's little oopsy daisy could cost them $86 billion, yes that word starts with a B. So, just for the record, my emissions standards have never been misleading, I've always stood behind, or actually directly in front of my emissions, and I'm proud of my record. Except that one time when I was about 7..........and we'll forget that
I showed a picture of my Northwest rep in his river craft on his way to a fishing hole. He told me this is where he goes:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, might re-think that one
I know you already know this but BMW has been making engines for a long time. Many years before I took that airhead apart they were building aircraft engines. For the wrong side. Or the German side, this is pre-Nazi, talking about WW 1, the big one. Anyway, give it a listen from the mid-30's, what is it about gasoline engines that make my heart go pitter-patter? Although not shown I have a strong feeling this engine was already warm. When I sold the airhead one thing I displayed online was that the engine was cold, I did this by putting my hand on the cylinder head and then cranking it. 
Pictures? You want pictures? OK, I warned you, hang on!
Wrong times three, your caption can go here if you're witty enough
Yeah, I don't know where I found that either. Sadly this young lady divorced her husband later, seems as though he was driving her buggy
This is funny, but where are Miss Mosley or Miss Murchison when you need some grammar instruction? Seems like I remember getting plenty many years ago
Me! Pic at industry meeting in DC this week, and more than one person noticed I was indeed wearing socks. The guy next to me didn't get the memo, but he kinda owns the company where I work and I think his name appears on my paycheck............and all of my family likes him a lot!
While in DC this week I didn't know what to do one night so I decided to hang with my
Too easy? How about this one:
Difference:

 and ..................................................................wait for it

Easy, George Strait and George not-straight.
Sorry, that's funny
And I think Takei would laugh at that.
And to end it tonight because I'm tired and hungry, a rabbi, a pope and an imam walk into a bar, wait where are the Irish and blacks? Anyway enjoy:
Anyone feeling left out because I didn't offend you? There's always next week, Italians!
I'm still laughing about the George joke, if you like this diary please send it to ten people, I need reader reinforcement
Hopefully everyone stays dry for the weekend. In town next week

No comments:

Dueling Banjos No, the odd looking young man did not play the banjo in the movie, here is how the movie-magic people did it: Fake sleeves !!...