Friday, September 11, 2015

Why?

Some people ask why not? Others ask why ask why, drink Bud Dry. I tried but they kept making more................ba da boom and we're off.
Pictures? Yes, lots, I cleaned out my phone and found some from the last month
I saw this creature in Portland a few weeks ago, Polaris makes it and it is called a Slingshot. It is categorized as a motorcycle. A four cylinder GM engine produces 175 HP, top speed is 130 MPH, a lot slower than my bike with 0-60 in 6 flat, but it could work as an eventual replacement to two wheels, if that time ever comes. More on that subject later. If you have a few minutes to explore, take a look at their website:                         http://www.polaris.com/en-us/slingshot
No pictures from this past Sunday night but we went to the Carteret Speedway Sunday night for their grand opening. The first race was a four cylinder event featuring mid-80's Mustang type cars. I told SWMBO that I could easily build (and of course drive) one of those cars. She squealed with unbridled glee and offered to park her car on the street so that I could use her garage stall. Or something like that. The Late Model class (real race cars) were impressive, we left after their main event. Standing room only crowd, and if you're ever wondering where people go when they leave the Wal-Mart....................
Oregon scenery, on a crystal clear afternoon.


Pygmy on a dove hunt last Saturday, I really had my heart set on some breasts for dinner. Great picture, no doves but I'm sure they had a lot of fun. 
But we had crabs instead. Well, Jackson and Elizabeth had crabs. I re-baited for Monday night and was disappointed, and then the nice lady at West Marine gave me a replacement for my defective pot and then I was able to re-engineer the old one. So now we have two pots with which we can not catch crabs. Maybe another set this weekend?
She is such a lovely young lady
NK in the news:
And back to the "why?"
A biker friend sent this to me, get a hankie and enjoy:
Texas, yes, Texas again next week, one day with my rep, another in the factory, and then two days at RCAT, a Texas roofing contractors show. Should be fun, home on the last plane in on Friday night. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

2:15 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dueling Banjos No, the odd looking young man did not play the banjo in the movie, here is how the movie-magic people did it: Fake sleeves !!...