Friday, August 21, 2015

Sometimes The Magic Works

...............and sometimes it doesn't. I posted that video of Chief Dan George some time ago, this week it was very true.
With SWMBO away and a room in the mountains I planned to ride last weekend. A suspect battery forced me to change my plans, I started for Chesapeake for a replacement and oil change, only made it as far as Little Washington (Original Washington). Since I would have to remove tubberware to jump it I asked for a free BMW MOA tow. Five hours, yes five hours later he came, fortunately Pygmy was in town and offered to come get me. I really appreciated that, and the fact that he only charged me $50 for the ride.
A sad sight, and she is ready now and I have to go get her. Logistics!
FO came down Sunday morning and we went waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay offshore. Beautiful day, saw some beautiful scenery, but no fish to bring home. Dang. 
Good week in Oregon with a major customer, and was able to hire a rep. It was 100 degrees Tuesday and Wednesday evening I went down to the coast and saw some beautiful scenery. I'll post some pictures some day, but not today, I'm off for more important things:
A baby who digs LedZep, specifically from the second album:
Stupendo! No, that might not mean what you think.
The King has been beaten up pretty well throughout his career and I know he is in a lot of pain at his age. To help him deal with this daily condition he uses Blue Emu; listen carefully to the last line about the product he promotes:
Get ready customers, that's going to be my new closer.
You've heard me mention how my parents taught me how "to swim" and some of you questioned if that was their motive. Someone posted a recap of that day, or those days (they had to teach me a lot since I was such a good student) on Facebook:
Daddy loved his movies. And fish can see your shadow, that's why two 30 pound plus cobias came up to the back of the boat Sunday, just to look and see. You have to be smarter than the fish to catch him (who said that?)

And while on that subject, Daddy saw this when it happened.

I have no idea why I was thinking about the USS Mount Hood this week (I was in Oregon and looked at Mount Hood for a couple of days) but it certainly was in his memory bank for a long time. He told me the explosion killed a lot of sailors on other boats who happened to be facing that way when it blew. Yes, getting home 5 hours late was really hard Saturday.....and Friday. 
When they built the WW II memorial in DC Daddy's comment was something like "well it is about damned time" Something like that...but following that line of thought:

Say hello to the new Ventamatic promo: buy 6 fans and get one of these!
Pardon me while I refresh my drink.

There, much better and now I can't read my writing. where was I?
There are some other notes here but I can't make out what I wrote. I make notes throughout the week for this and sometimes I can't read my writing from late at night or early in the morning.Oh well, sometimes the magic doesn't work.................
Ran into a lower class man (woman) from high school Thursday night and it made my delay so much better. She was a nice young lady and lives close to me now; I told her that people my age tell one another that "you look great" when we see each other, but I really mean it when I told her she looks great. Come to find out we have a lot of mutual friends. 
The Ken Burns War of Northern Aggression series (Civil War to you yankeees) is 25 years old. And he still believes it was only about the slavery of one race over another. We can make tons of excuses as to why it wasn't, and that was not the only reason, but without the war and solidification of the union, Hitler takes Europe.......................give me some backup here Jackson. But that makes me feel really old, seems like yesterday.
I really need to write gooder. 

4 comments:

oldparatrooper said...

Your check for 50.00 bounced.

fishinoptishin said...

Well, in his defense, the check for $51.02 from me that he deposited before he wrote the $50.00 check wasn't any good.

On the other hand, you'd sorta think he would of known that.

fishinoptishin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
fishinoptishin said...

Was a double post.

Maybe.

Dueling Banjos No, the odd looking young man did not play the banjo in the movie, here is how the movie-magic people did it: Fake sleeves !!...