Friday, August 14, 2015

It Is Late

And I'm tired and have zero energy level, so this week you're getting what you paid for........
A friend told me once that free legal advice is worth what you pay, good point, but I do hope you're amused by some of this.
Welcome dingbatters, school is getting ready to start and I've never seen so many dit-dots riding down Arendell, and that was yesterday on Thursday. Be careful.
As I write this I just heard a report on my antiquated police scanner that a bicyclist on highway 58 called in to report that he was accosted by three women on the road who threatened they were going to take his bicycle and make him walk home. They were in a lime green Honda Element, OK, that narrows it down a bit, and they were all "at least six feet tall and looked like Amazon women." The responding LEO said he would keep an eye out for Amazon women.
My plans changed this week and I stayed in town; kinda nice to be around SWMBO for one more week before she starts back to school. Monday night we went out for an evening booze cruise towards Swansboro, beautiful night and very relaxing, all the way up until I started cleaning the boat when we got home (no, no booze for the captain). You see kids, I went out late Sunday evening and caught some dinner.
If you're not sure, that is Spanish mackerel grilled with a mixture of butter and sweet BBQ sauce, very tasty and of course the best ingredient: FRESH.! Anyway it was a little sporty outside Sunday and the boat had a nice coat of NaCl and I waited until Monday night to clean her, ergo the late night.
The yellow butterflies are here, do you know what that means?
After a subscription which lasted from 1986 the Raleigh News and Observer and I called it quits this week. It started last year with more travel in my new job, SWMBO never reads the paper, and when they quit publishing baseball box scores..........well that was it! I praised our carrier but ended the long ride. It was just fine until about 5:30 AM Thursday morning when I walked out to get the paper, yes, I forgot........and it wasn't there. Not to worry, I can go online and get nearly everything. It worked out well until breakfast and coffee had been shall we say "digested" and I looked around for the sports section. EGAD! Is this how civilized people live? I improvised, but the Morehead City paper is only published three times a week, I'm concerned I might be a bit irritable, OK more irritable.
And I stayed up Wednesday night until 1:30 watching the meteor shower, thank you Lord, that was impressive. Strangely enough one of the prettiest one was at 5:30 AM when I walked down the driveway, oh yeah, you already know that part.
My life partner took off for Ocean Isle for a girls only weekend so I planned to ride the bike to the mountains, but I had a lot of obstacles which have now prevented that. Maybe a long weekend in September, you know, when the fishing cranks up...............oh well. Part of that scenario was the premature passing of the bike battery. I did get her cranked last night and went for a ride, afterwards as a test I turned the trickle charger off and she wasn't feeling very perky today. So instead of a beautiful drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway I'll go to Chesapeake to get a new battery tomorrow. BUT, fishing Sunday? We'll see.
Probably just as well I don't push it on the bike this weekend, my workout regiment (insert eye-roll here) hasn't been too good lately, much to the delight of one JW Red from Scotland. Anyway this from the BMW MOA magazine ON this month in an article about some middle aged guys riding the Blue Ridge Parkway, I should mention the article said every morning they had a big hearty (pun) breakfast and a huge "local" lunch, dinner was normally wine and appetizers which at some point "undoubtedly overstressed the senior member of our group, later at dinner he reported a very high pulse rate which progressed into extreme nausea and profuse sweating-----three signs of cardiac distress. Before long our companion was prone on the floor unable to sit upright. No pain in the chest or elsewhere, we summoned the local EMS." They suggested we change clothes into something very comfortable, we were going to be in the hospital for a while..............................no, that happened to someone we know while he was having a stroke. But anyway, figured out what was wrong with him?
Simple dehydration, very common with motorcyclists.
Now on to silliness, I mentioned Jim Parsons as God in New York City, here is a clip:

I hope that didn't offend too many of you.
So as you sit here reading this dribble I know in the back of your mind you're probably thinking "I wonder what the worst toy of all time is?" I'm glad you asked
Who was the marketing guru who came up with this?
I've got some more stuff but my goodness I am a bit tired, and up early in the morning so I should end this. But I've got some more stuff so tune in next week (hint: after 50+ years of promising that we will have these in the future: flying cars!)
Happy 64th Pygmy; when I'm 64...............................
Maybe I'll bring something good back from Portland OR.................and we'll leave it at that. 

No comments:

Dueling Banjos No, the odd looking young man did not play the banjo in the movie, here is how the movie-magic people did it: Fake sleeves !!...