Friday, May 29, 2015

Or As I Like To Call It.....Ode To A Rest Stop

I knew that the NC Department of Transportation was adding another rest stop on US 17 north of Vanceboro, but I was shocked and saddened to see they closed the old one between Vanceboro and New Bern. Memories........................I'm not sure how long it was open but it seems as though I remember that place all of my life. Always a good potty break coming from Rocky Mount, and I still used it and it still smelled the same...........calm down, easy, easy, easy; the state must have bought the same disinfectant spray all of those years. A real throwback, but the new one looks like easy access. Speaking of easy access, I remember.................nope, not going to tell that story. After I bought the current iron horse I stopped there one night coming home from her first service in Chesapeake VA, by that time it was dark and February cold, so I stopped and ran warm water over my hands before the last hour of my nighttime adventure. I stopped there really late one night to relieve myself and was propositioned by a nice young lady on the way to the car. I behaved, yes, hard to believe, felt a lot of pity for the young lady and went home. Funny ending to that story was the following weekend when a relative, well actually an in-law..............nameless, asked "how much did she want for that?" Sorry, dark sided humor, go figure.
We'll see if this ever loads.................
It didn't and I'm tired and hungry and looking forward to 5 hours of dance recital tomorrow. Screw it, anyone know how to transfer from Handbrake to Youtube, or how to get the video into Handbrake, or......nevermind, more pictures.
Elizabeth isn't the first equestrian to hang with the Riley family:
Guess who? No one named Riley can answer.
Not sure who this kid is but I'll bet he is a Riley
Actual picture taken today from the back of a Chrysler minivan, the preferred minivan of zombies.
We had a great weekend, watched some racing and were all on the boat over the holiday. All of us behaved, the weather was nice but unfortunately did not catch any fish.
In VA and NC this week, working in SC and NC all next week. Might try and catch a fish Sunday if the weather will oblige. 

No comments:

Dueling Banjos No, the odd looking young man did not play the banjo in the movie, here is how the movie-magic people did it: Fake sleeves !!...