Friday, February 13, 2015

All of That and More

Thank you for your thoughts over the past few weeks, the send-off was nice last Friday, other than the fact that the minister didn't read her favorite Psalm like I asked........................It's a good day when you hear that much laughter at a funeral. And someone sent a vanilla folder of poems to the family care of the church with segments of her obituary on the envelope, sweet, and yes, there was a little Dinkism in there, please add your own. So long Dink!
Still talking................
Got to see this youngin in Rocky Mount, deployments get tougher and tougher
Everything is bigger in Texas! TAR accompanied me this week to Houston, San Antonio, Fort Worth and Mineral Wells. We'll get home tomorrow night. 
Everything is indeed bigger in Texas, everything except for this:
Hope I didn't alienate too many readers with that comment. It is much smaller in appearance when you think back to the movie scenes from your childhood. We got there at 5:00 so we weren't able to see very much of the Alamo, but I did buy a book about those revolutionary days, and I will read it.
SWMBO captured the essence of San Antonio's RiverWalk
Someone posted this on Facebook this week, see if you can find Waldo (that would be me) from the second grade
I remembered nearly all of the names, can't remember breakfast though.................
And now for that wacky humor which keeps me amused:
Well I can't go now.......I'd been swimming, they know about the shrinkage don't they?
                                      
I'll just slip into the deuce hole stall for a single, no wait! I hear cello music
Great, I'll never go again, but go I must, off to DC/MD/VA next week

1 comment:

John said...

Coincidentally they read that Psalm today at church

Dueling Banjos No, the odd looking young man did not play the banjo in the movie, here is how the movie-magic people did it: Fake sleeves !!...