Friday, January 23, 2015

Ups and Downs

I'm in Jacksonville FL writing this as I watched my plane back out and head for Charlotte. It has literally been that type of week with airlines. I scored a free unexpected first class upgrade Tuesday on the way to Miami, used Silver Airlines twice, first and last, and just missed my flight home this afternoon, but got another no charge first class upgrade on the re-book. Silver uses a Saab which is a nice prop aircraft American used to use in the 90's, might have been the same ones............but our flight was late, my seat had no window, it took two hours to get from Miami to Jacksonville, we sat on the tarmac for an extra 15-20 minutes in 80+ degrees and they lost my bag. I mean come on, how do you do that? It all balances out, even Steven. Except when I saw this guy go by my window, OK you got me, I didn't have a window so this really didn't happen did it?
Or is it even Stephen? This is the type of subject that bothers me way too much. Take this for example, no sleeping in this hotel tonight, they can't manage to hang their sign straight?
It was a good week in Florida albeit with the beginnings of a head cold, never very pleasant but hopefully a quick one.
Dink keeps hovering, TAR sent me this from her phone last week, this was on December 31, hard to believe how much she has slipped since then. Really odd that she says the Roy is a good boy, we just don't know
Or is that a video of two old people reading the paper? 
And this is proof that drinking alcohol kills brain cells. Someone got a battery operated corkscrew a couple of years ago and really loves it, well someone bought a bottle of red wine that had a screw-off cap, and then someone tried to use the battery operated corkscrew on it. Not saying who that is of course as it might get me in trouble with my wife.

Leaving Sunday for Chicago, Wednesday from Chicago to San Diego, home late Saturday night. Maybe with enough Benedryl I can make it without grossing too many people out. 

No comments:

Dueling Banjos No, the odd looking young man did not play the banjo in the movie, here is how the movie-magic people did it: Fake sleeves !!...