Thursday, August 07, 2014

A Rare Thursday Post

We are heading out of town in the morning so this week you get your gift a day early. TAR and I celebrate 35 years of happy, wedded bliss this weekend. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat you say? Surely you haven't been happily married that long? And let the jokes begin as we leave town for a long weekend in the mountains. 
Ever have one of those days when you start a new school year by showing up drunk and taking your pants off? Oh but we all live in glass houses don't we?
Reminds me of the human thumb, oh and I did you a big favor: MamaJune got a massage (as seen by me on the Soup) this week and I didn't post the video. You are welcome. And if you don't know who MamaJune is.....well good for you. 
Dinner from a couple of weeks ago, fresh and real soft-shells and a crab cake. 
Keelyn teaching Jackson how to blow bubbles; I think he's really getting the hang of it. Good uncling skills
And this is here because it is such a great photograph I found the other night. Anyone want to guess who, when, and/or what happened. Here's a clue, he didn't win the race but he had a good day, and night, and probably a couple of nights. 
I've been in manufacturing for a long time, 30-some plus years, and I've learned that it is important what you put in and on your box. We've all heard the Dink story about having to buy Nilla wafers..........from Conan: I don’t think it helps that Sudafed has started putting “Our Favorite Meth Recipe” on the back of the box.
Something else I'll bet you didn't know: Tammi Terrell (born Thomasina Winifred Montgomery; April 29, 1945 – March 16, 1970) was an American recording artist, best known as a star singer for Motown Records during the 1960s, most notably for a series of duets with singer Marvin Gaye.
Terrell's career began as a teenager, first recording for Scepter/Wand Records, before spending nearly two years as a member ofJames Brown's Revue, recording for Brown's Try Me label. After a period attending college, Terrell recorded briefly for CheckerRecords, before signing with Motown in 1965.
With Gaye, Terrell scored seven Top 40 singles on the Billboard Hot 100, including "Ain't No Mountain High Enough", "Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing" and "You're All I Need to Get By". Terrell's career was interrupted when she collapsed into Gaye's arms as the two performed at a concert at Hampden–Sydney College on October 14, 1967, with Terrell later being diagnosed with a brain tumor. She had eight unsuccessful operations before succumbing to the illness on March 16, 1970 at the age of 24.
See, you learned something by reading this didn't you?
Now, before I head to bed you want to watch something really funny?
Had to laugh a little at that.
And speaking of which, Jackson got an offer from Ferguson, nice going. I hear an empty house singing a song for me.........a song in which TAR and I walk around the house in our underwear. Sorry, try to get that image out of your head. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AJ Foyt

Dueling Banjos No, the odd looking young man did not play the banjo in the movie, here is how the movie-magic people did it: Fake sleeves !!...