Friday, March 14, 2014

Mercy Sakes

I used to have a pretty decent Aunt Bee imitation in my repertoire:
"Andeeeeeeeeeeee, make me another pitcher of martinis, and no vermouth! Toooo toooo tootsie good bye, sing with me Opie now dance that little monkey dance I taught you DANCE OPIE DANCE! Andeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, where are those martinis?"
But last week I mentioned the unmentionable, yes there was a serious drug problem in Mayberry and Floyd was the dealer:
Yes, I am completely aware that Craig's imitation of Aunt Bee is better than mine. I drove home from Dallas once and worked on that imitation for about 10 hours, in addition to making a few telephone calls "Hi Barry this is John, John Riley.......I recall you used to like to color."
Rest in Peace Jack Hutchinson, you were a good one. 
Upstate New York next week and if I don't see some warm weather soon I'm going to make a fist and just start swinging it everywhere. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aunt Bee sang that song after the medicine man sold her elixir, gee pa, aunt Bee sure seems happy

Dueling Banjos No, the odd looking young man did not play the banjo in the movie, here is how the movie-magic people did it: Fake sleeves !!...